The Right Experience for County Executive
I came to this country with no money but three degrees. I hold an MBA, B.Sc. Electrical Engineering and B.Sc. Physics & Math degrees. I have made my life based on my education. I know how valuable the education and employment skills are for the success of our youth.
I am a professional engineer, a business executive and managed multi-million dollar projects and companies, a successful small business owner, Dean of Engineering & Trades at Bellingham Technical College, and President of a solar energy company.
First and foremost, I love my country and I firmly believe in serving my community and give back my time and skills to make it a better place for everyone. I have followed this motto all my life. My family and I sincerely believe that Whatcom County is the best place to raise a family.
Being an engineer, I am trained to work with facts and data to base my decisions. I will bring my experience with large industrial / commercial construction to the County Council.
My personal values are not political talking points. As a council member, I would like to see healthy debate and careful listening to diverse views on issues before making any decision. I am a long-term thinker and balance my decisions for their impact over next 5, 10 or 20 years. I have a proven track record of focusing on the common ground among diverse viewpoints to make decisions which benefit all of us.
I come from a long line of farming family and have deep rooted relationships with local farming community. I strongly support preservation of farmland, growth of farm based businesses, protect our environment and promote economic development to bring more family wage jobs to this area.
As always, Whatcom County faces several major issues in the coming years like economic development and growing local family wage jobs, Water quality and quantity for various stakeholder, Jail project, land use to house 30,000 new comers over next 25 years and many more. These are not partisan issues. It will take long term vision and courage for bold decisions and risks to do the right thing.
- I have lived in Whatcom County for the past 30 years.
- I bring unique a unique set of skills, technical knowledge, and business experience to the County Executive position.
- I can comprehend the impact of climate change on human species. Mother Earth has gone through much worse in the past few million years, but for humans it is our own existence that is at stake.
- I understand that homelessness is a consequence of many underlying issues and ready to address the best way we can, at local level.
- I bring a deep-rooted understanding of the local farming community and knowledge of their issues and opportunities.
- I am a centrist and have the experience and ability to balance the wide array views of Whatcom County residents.
I am asking for your support and vote.
Thank you and God Bless America.
- Master’s in Business Administration
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Math & Physics
- Certification in Project Management, University of Calgary
- Dean’s Academy Member, Washington State Community & Technical Colleges
Community Service: Since moving to Whatcom County, I have been active in serving numerous community institutions, because I believe this is my civic duty. These include:
- Whatcom County Councilmember (2015 – Current)
- Board Member, Whatcom Community College Foundation (2011-current)
- Board Member, NW Agricultural Business Center, Mt Vernon (2012 – current)
- Board of Advisory Council, Northwest Clean Air Agency (1998-2009)
- Member, Bellingham Police Chief Diversity Committee (2002-06)
- Member, Ethics Committee, St Joseph’s Hospital, Bellingham WA (2007)
- Board Member, Whatcom Counseling & Psychiatric Clinic (2004-2008)
- Budget Committee Meridian School District (1992-96)
- Board Member, Meridian School Foundation (1994-98)
- Small Business Owner: Spice Hut Corp and LyndenBerry Company
- Education: Dean of Engineering & Trades at Bellingham Technical College
- Entrepreneur: President, Sunlogics Inc., a solar energy company
- General Manager / Project Manager / Professional Engineer:Sunlogics Inc. / Valvoline Oil / Safety Kleen Corp / Fluor Daniels / CF Braun, and other companies.
- Lynden Schools Levy Committee
- Fulbright Senior Specialist Grantee 2013
- Fulbright Senior Specialist Project Completed in 2005.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Alberta, Canada
- Board of Advisory Council, Northwest Clean Air Agency
- Workforce Education Council, WA State Board of Community and Technical Colleges
- Past Member American Association of Cost Engineers
- Past Member Project Management Institute
Major career achievements include:
- Commendations by Gov. Locke and Gov. Gregoire for Best Practices in Workforce Education.
- Successfully developed Center of Excellence for Workforce Education in State of Washington
- Fulbright Grant for study of “Workforce Education for 21st Century in Developing Countries”.
- Rotary International Foundation Award